When BCHC is closed, you can always reach an on-call BCHC provider after hours.› Learn More
Below you’ll find helpful programs that BCHC offers to make healthcare affordable and available to everyone, regardless of your ability to pay. Here at BCHC we truly believe in care for all.
BCHC provides care for all, regardless of your insurance, income or ability to pay. As part of our commitment to serve everyone, we accept most insurances, including Medicare, Medicaid (Access), CHIP, and most private insurance.
- Access (Medicaid/Select for Men/Women)
- AmeriHealth Caritas
- Community Care Behavioral Health (CCBH)
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Health Partners Plan
- Highmark Wholecare (formerly Gateway)
- PA Health and Wellness
- UPMC for You
CHIP Health Plans
- Aetna Better Health CHIP
- Capital Blue Cross CHIP
- Geisinger CHIP (MDs & DOs only)
- United Concordia CHIP
- United Healthcare CHIP
- UPMC for Kids
Commercial Insurance Carriers
- Aetna Commercial
- Ambetter Pa Health & Wellness
- Capital Blue Cross
- Geisinger (MDs & DOs only)
- United Healthcare
- UPMC /Tower Health PPO
Dental Insurance Carriers
- Aetna Dental
- Capital Blue Dental Network
- Delta Dental
- Dental Health Alliance (DHA) – Sun Life
- Dominion Dental
- Envole Dental
- Guardian Dental
- Metlife Dental
- HumanaDental Access (Dental)
- Scion Dental (Amerihealth Caritas, Highmark Wholecare)
- United Concordia
- UPMC for You Dental
Medicare/Medicare Advantage Plans
- Aetna Medicare
- All Well PA Health & Wellness
- Amerihealth Caritas VIP
- Cigna Health Spring
- Geisinger GOLD (MD’s & DO’s only)
- Health Partners
- Highmark Freedom Blue
- Highmark Wholecare (formerly Gateway)
- Humana PPO
- United HealthCare Medicare Solutions
- UPMC/Tower Health Medicare Advantage
BCHC also accepts Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans, and sees patients who are dual eligible (Medicare/Medicaid). We take commercial insurance products in our service area. Every time you come for an appointment, please make sure to have your current insurance card with you. We will verify your coverage for each visit, so make sure to let us know if your insurance changes. If you lose insurance coverage, your income may make you eligible for the Sliding Fee Discount Program, so make sure you complete the application.
Sliding Fee Discount Program
BCHC is a Community Health Center. It is our mission to ensure that health care is available and affordable for anyone who needs it. At registration, we will ask you to tell us your family size and family income. These questions will help us determine whether you can receive a discount on the cost of your care at BCHC. This is called the Sliding Fee Discount Program. If you qualify for one of the levels of discount, you will pay less than what your care costs. Based on family income and family size, we will apply the discount to your payment for office visits if you don’t have insurance, or to insurance deductibles and co-pays if you do have insurance.
In order to use the Sliding Fee Discount Program, you must complete an application. Click here to view and download the application. You should apply whether or not you have insurance, because if you qualify for a discount, we will apply it to your co-pays and deductibles. If you have questions, please ask your Patient Services Representative about the Sliding Fee Discount Program.
340B Prescription Program
Would you like to save money on your prescriptions? Our 340B Prescription Program offers a sliding fee discount to BCHC patients. Because BCHC is a Federally-Qualified Health Center, we can purchase medications at a discount and fill your prescription through our mail-order pharmacy, Coordinated Care Network (CCN).
Prices vary, but for many commonly-used medications, you will save money.
If you have insurance, we will bill your insurance company. If you pay out-of-pocket for your medications, make sure that you have applied for the Sliding Fee Discount Program so that you will qualify for a discount on your prescriptions.
How do you use the 340B Prescription Program? Simply ask your provider to send your routine prescriptions to CCN electronically. A CCN customer service representative will contact you to set up your account and arrange for payment and delivery. When they call, they will be able to tell you what each medication would cost, so you can compare costs with your local pharmacy. You are under no obligation to buy any or all of your prescriptions from Coordinated Care Network. You may use CCN for the prescriptions you want, and use other pharmacies for the prescriptions you would like to fill locally. Or you can use CCN’s convenient services for all your medications. It is up to you!
Please note that CCN does not fill prescriptions for opioid medications, or prescriptions written by providers who do not work at BCHC.
What are the advantages of the 340B Prescription Program at CCN?
- Discounts on out-of-pocket costs for your medications (this discount can be applied to insurance deductibles and co-payments if you qualify for the Sliding Fee Discount Program and the deductible or co-pay is more than the discounted price for the medication)
- Free delivery to home or work – CCN delivery is safe and confidential
- Access to your customer service representatives at CCN by phone, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Convenient refills for your regular medications – CCN requests refills from your provider electronically